Wednesday, August 5, 2015

The Trolls' Cave

Gandalf stepped out from behind a tree and we freed the dwarves. The dwarves started to scold Bilbo for not coming back to report to them the start of the fire. That's when I left the group and followed the tracks of the trolls. 

In the distance I heard Gandalf say,

"You are wasting valuable time! We must search for their cave!" 

"Hey, I think I found their cave!" I yelled to them. They all hurried towards me and started to attempt to push the door open. Gandalf tried a few spells to open it up. But all of their efforts did not work. 

"Would this be of service to us? I pulled it out of a pocket before they turned to stone," Bilbo asked Gandalf as he held out a large key.

"Why didn't you give it to me before?" Gandalf said frustratingly. He shoved the dwarves out of the way and stuck the key through a hidden keyhole. Then they all gave a mighty shove and opened the door. There was a very disgusting rotten smell in the cave. On the other hand, there were lots of treasures as well as some suitable food to eat. We buried the treasure and took some barrels of food and drink. Thorin, Gandalf, and Bilbo took one sword each and we locked the cave shut again. Then we headed onward on the path. I took a little rest from riding and walked instead.

The weather was fair but we didn't talk much. A couple of days went by when we began to see the beginning of the Misty Mountain range. Gandalf was the first person in the group, as always. He was discussing his next plan to Thorin and Bilbo. Bilbo was usually with them which left me by myself... alone... in the back. Bilbo was there to ask questions and talk to Gandalf. Finally when he was satisfied with his answers, he rode to the back of the line and talked to me.

"Gandalf said we are to stop in Rivendell. Do you know where that is?" he asked me.

"I don't know where Rivendell is. But maybe we'll get some decent food there. I hear Gandalf has friends there and they can assist us with the journey onward," I replied.

"Yes, he has sent a message to them saying we are coming. I can't wait to eat," Bilbo said excitedly. 

2 comments:

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)