Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Eagles

I looked to Gandalf to see what his plan was. He looked as if he were going to jump down from his high branch. In the distance, I saw something flying towards us. It got closer and closer, then I saw it clearly. It was an eagle! He grabbed Gandalf in his claws and flew away. We finally had a chance of survival. 

Soon, other eagles came and carried us away from the fire. I was the next one to be picked up by an eagle because I was at the highest branch on our tree. Bilbo was almost left behind. He grabbed Dori's legs just before he had fully left. We flew and flew for a while before we got to feel the ground. Gandalf and I were laid on the shelf of rock connected to the mountainside. 

We stood up and we met the Lord of the Eagles. He introduced me to him and Gandalf talked to him. I just stood there listening to their conversation in awe of the great eagle. He looked much better in real life than in the movies. I wanted to touch his silky feathers.

"Do you think you could take us to the path in those plains?" Gandalf asked. 

"The men that live in those plains would shoot us down. I'm sorry but we cannot take that risk. But, we may land you on the Carrock," the eagle replied.

Everyone just arrived on the shelf when Gandalf said,

"Thank you. We are very grateful. In the meantime, do you have anything for us to eat? We are very hungry."

"I'm nearly dead of it," I heard Bilbo mutter.

"We can fix that," the Lord answered. Thorin's company made a nice little fire on the ledge that night. The Lord sent some of the other eagles to fetch a couple rabbits, hares, and a small sheep. Bilbo couldn't help because he was still scared from the ride over there. The only thing he did was eat. I did almost all of the work but Ori helped a little. The next morning, we were to fly to the Carrock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)