Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Storm on the Mountain

One day on the mountain, there was a huge thunderstorm. And we were so high up on the mountain that it was very loud. We attempted to camp under a hanging ledge of rock that was connected to the mountain. It helped for a little while until it started to rain. When the wind came our direction, it drenched everything and everybody. The dwarves were grumpy as usual. And I presume that Bilbo wished he were home again like always. 

Then the dwarves argued if someone should go look for a new shelter or not. After their argument, they sent Fili, Kili, and I to go look. It was very difficult for the wind was constantly changing directions. One minute it would be for us and a second later it would be against us. I wished the wind would make up its mind.

They let me go first, by which I mean convinced me. We had to walk sideways because there was not much room. I didn't know if the ponies would make it if we did find shelter over here. I saw a cave and while they checked it out, I tried to remember when this event would be in the book, as usual. I racked my brain but couldn't find the answer. 

"It looks safe enough," Fili said.

"I think we should go back and tell them about it," Kili added. 

"I don't know. I think we should keep looking, just for safety precautions," I told the wall. They had already left!

"Honestly!" I huffed to myself. "Can't anyone consider my opinions besides Gandalf and Bilbo?" I stomped back to the group and sat down while Fili and Kili described how fitting the cave would be. Thorin gave the approval and we all went to the cave. Once we were all inside, we tried to go back to sleep. But I couldn't sleep at all. I noticed Bilbo tossing and turning next to me. 

So, I turned to him and whispered,

"Bilbo? Do you have a bad feeling about this cave?"

"I don't know. I just want to go to sleep. I am very exhausted," he whispered back to me.

"Go to sleep!" Gandalf whispered.

"Sorry!" we both quietly replied. Gandalf and Bilbo went back to sleep but I still couldn't manage a second. All of a sudden, CRACK! Bilbo let out a yell. Gandalf and I sat up, then I took my bow in my hand and Gandalf grabbed his staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)