Friday, August 7, 2015

Bilbo and I Climb a Tree

Thorin cried with distress,

"Is there no end to this old cursed forest?! Someone please climb a tree and try to reach the top so they can have a look around!" Everyone looked at Bilbo and then they looked at me.

"Four eyes are better than two, right?" Kili said. 

"And two heads are better than one," Fili added. I dropped my shoulders and found an oak tree that was close to the road. I jumped, struggled, and pulled myself onto the lowest branch.

"Come on, Bilbo. We've got work to do," I sighed. He sighed too and I helped him up on the branch. I had to quickly jump to the next one because I feared the branch would break. I climbed my way up very quickly and very easily. Every time I would stop, I would hear lots of whipping and "ow!"s that came from Bilbo. I guessed that branches kept on whipping him in the eyes. From experience, I know what the pain feels like. 

I would throw in an occasional, "Are you okay, Bilbo?" and I would get no answer. I didn't want to get to the top before him and wait. So I waited a couple braches below the top.

"You can make it! You're almsot there!" I encouraged. By the time he got to me, he was red in the face and sweating. 

"Are there any spiders up here?" he asked panicking.

"Most likely... but you can just swat them," I replied. He sighed... but no one likes spiders, right? We climbed to the very top together and peeked our heads through the leaves and tangled branches. We did find some spiders when we pushed through the once undisturbed branches. We squinted because the light nearly blinded us from the darkness of the forest. We heard the dwarves shouting at us but we were so high up that we couldn't understand what they were saying. We waited a long time before we could fully open our eyes. When we were able to, we stared at a huge dark green sea full of trees. There were also many butterflies; they were kind of like purple emporers but they weren't purple at all. They were like black velvet and they had no markings on them.

"Wow..." I sighed with happiness, "I could stay here forever!"

"Me too... and that would mean I would never have to climb down! I wonder how I am going to do that?" Bilbo said aloud.

"Don't worry. We'll figure that out when the time comes. For now, we have a job to do remember?" I replied.

"Yes, sadly you are right," he sighed. We looked around in all directions and saw no sign of an ending of the forest.

"This forest goes on forever! And we'll never find the end!" he cried.

"Don't give up hope! You never know what will come about. There may be something that doesn't meet the eye. For now, we better go down and let the dwarves know what we have found and seen," I said.

"Perhaps you are right," he agreed. I climbed down and he followed me as best as he could. I went along very quickly and was down with the dwarves in no time.

"Where is Mr. Baggins?" they asked.

"I thought he was right behind me," I answered. A panting Bilbo jumped down from the last branch with a thump.

2 comments:

  1. "'Wow...I could stay here forever!' 'Me too...and that would mean I never have to climb down!'" Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're up early today! *yawn* that is one of my favorite parts of Bilbo. He has a willing attitude at first but can't find the energy to do it. Thank goodness he changed or else nothing would get done!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)