Friday, August 7, 2015

Our Entrance Into Mirkwood

After Gandalf left, the dwarves talked among themselves. Bilbo and I still watched Gandalf ride out of sight. Bilbo took it really hard that he almost cried. I felt very bad for him.

"Come on, Bilbo. Let's go. The sooner we start, the sooner we can get out," I sighed. We joined the group again and we were ignored. He turned towards the middle of everyone.

"Ahem, excuse me," Bilbo peeped, "shouldn't we be going in right now?" He turned back to me.

"How are we going to go in if they aren't listening?" Bilbo asked me.

"Allow me," I replied. 

I cleared my throat and shouted, "EXCUSE ME!" They all stopped talking and turned to me.

"Thank you. I assume Gandalf has told you of the plan?" I asked. They all shrugged and shook their heads. I sighed; Gandalf did tell them, but I guess they weren't listening to him.

"Well, please allow me to inform you. He has asked me to look after everyone. But I am not the leader of this company, as you know. I am solely looking out for danger and making sure no one is off the path and other unimportant things like that. So, Thorin if you would please put everyone in an orderly single file line that would be very helpful," I explained.

"Well, you and Mr. Baggins may be in the front since you were assigned to 'look out for danger'. And then the rest can just mush in and yes, I believe that's about it. We're ready now. Please proceed, Miss Baggins," Thorin said. Kili and Fili snickered.

"Is something wrong?" I asked. I wanted so badly to get even with them.

"Nothing at all, Miss Baggins. We're ready to start walking. Try not to go too fast please," they answered.

"I never knew dwarves could be so sarcastic," I muttered. Bilbo caught it and tried not to laugh.

"Is something wrong, Miss Baggins?" Fili and Kili asked.

"I was wondering why you two are being so rude today," I answered. Then Bilbo laughed.

"Let us go!" I said joyfully. Sadly, Bilbo was the only one that appreciated my enthusiasm. Some of the dwarves did not like the idea of me leading the bunch especially Kili. I had hoped my positive energy would change their perspective but it didn't. The entrance to the forest was in the form of an arch. When I first faced the path to Mirkwood, I felt a cold breeze that sent a chill down my spine. But I didn't quit, I marched right in the face of that forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)