Friday, August 7, 2015

My Exploration of Beorn's Backyard

Once I hadn't heard them in the room anymore, I looked up and saw a white horse standing above me. Looking down at me, he twisted his head in curiosity. I sat down on his stack of hay for a moment. I sighed; it felt good to be in the silence. Usually, breakfast was one of the loudest and most talkative meals of the day. Especially because they didn't have to eat lembas. I stood up and pet the horse. I looked around to find more horses in the stables. I walked through the stables toward an exit door.

"Beorn must own a lot of animals," I thought to myself, "I guess they keep him company."

I left the stables and walked through a little field of tiny colorful flowers. The field was surrounded by white wooden posts. There were rabbits and deer walking around the field sniffing the flowers and eating the grass. I walked slowly and silently so I wouldn't scare them away. They all seemed so happy and calm and without a care. I found a sack in front of the posts where the field ended. It had seeds of plants as well as seeds that birds like to eat. I took a handful and scattered it on the dirt path which led to a garden. It had a white wooden gate. The garden was also enclosed with the same white wooden posts as the field. Beorn had several beds of vegetables, buckets with grapevines, and a mini orchard of fruit trees in his garden. The grapevines grew over the posts and covered them with their big leaves. When I walked out of the garden, I froze. There were many types of trees that had beehives on their branches. There were dozens and dozens of bees buzzing around. They were larger than regular honeybees that you've seen. They weren't monstrously huge but big enough to frighten me. I walked backwards very slowly and when I felt the garden gate I hurried behind it.

I know they're just bees but if you had seen them I bet you would have screamed with terror. Well, maybe I like to exaggerate but it was still pretty scary. I decided maybe it was time to go back inside. It was lunchtime and I was pretty hungry. At least I got to know what was back there. So I retraced my steps and was back in the stables. I went through the door and found them in the hall talking very loudly again.

"Oh boy, I'm in for it. I wonder how many questions they'll ask me. I hope they didn't even notice I was even gone," I said aloud as I reached for the doorknob.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, what's wrong with lembas? I love it, haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Dwarves don't like it when it grows STALE! Although it still has its flavor, THEY MUST HAVE MEAT! LOL

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)