Friday, August 7, 2015

Bilbo's Tour

When I entered the room, everyone stopped talking and froze. 

"Where were you? Where's Gandalf?" they asked.

"Firstly, I was outside enjoying the silence. Secondly, how would I know where Gandalf was? If I were with him, I wouldn't be here talking to all of you. I didn't see him when I woke up this morning, if you would like to know," I answered. They huffed and went back to their conversations. I went to the kitchen and looked for the leftovers. There were hardly any left. There was a little bit of rabbit and the rest was salad which dwarves don't like one single bit. Rabbit salad did not sound at all appealing so I just had plain salad with a lemon oil dressing. It tasted good and I was satisfied with only one plate. I tried to stay away from them because I didn't feel like answering questions. I can never understand why dwarves ask so many of them. 

Bilbo was hardly being entertained so when he saw me go out of the hall and into the other room, he snuck away and followed me. He tapped me on the shoulder and I jumped. 

"Do you think you could show my Beorn's garden? I'm interested of what he has in his vegetable beds," he asked curiously.

"I would be honored," I affirmed.

"Lead the way please, Fawn," Bilbo said happily. I smiled and led him to the stables. 

"These are Beorn's stables. He has many horses and ponies kept here," I explained. He looked at everything. He was trying very hard to keep up with me. I was walking at a regular pace but he kept getting distracted. 

"And here is a little field where his rabbits and deer roam. You have to keep quiet though or they'll get frightened. Look, a rabbit is coming this way," I whispered. We knelt down and the little bunny sniffed Bilbo's hand. Then the funniest thing happened, a doe came up behind Bilbo and tickled him with her wet nose. He jumped when he felt her cold nose! I laughed and the doe ran away. Then we laughed together and kept walking through the field. 

"This is a sack full of seeds. There are seeds for planting and seeds for his birds. Why don't you give some to the birds," I encouraged him.

"Do you really think it's a good idea? I mean do you think he'll notice that seeds are missing?" he asked nervously, "I would hate to make him angry."

"Don't worry, I've done it before. It makes the birds very happy. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be mad because his birds are happy," I assured him. He took a pinch and sprinkled it on the dirt path in front of us. Three blue birds came and pecked the seeds and ate them in a jiffy. The birds flew away and we entered the garden.

"Is this all his?" Bilbo asked.

"Yes, he has many fruits and vegetables that he grows himself," I answered. He looked and wrote down each name. He was interested in his veggies and how it was so tasty. I suppose he wanted to know how Beorn got his produce to be so productive.

"Is there anything else?" he asked.

"Uh... no... there isn't. I mean, there is but I don't think you want to see it. I think we should go back inside. It's going to get dark soon and it will soon be dinnertime," I stammered. 

"Okay, well can you at least tell me what the thing is?" Bilbo asked.

"Beorn owns many honeybees. That's where he gets his delicious honey. But they aren't like regular honeybees. You see, they're larger than regular ones and they are a little frightening to look at. So, that's why I figured you wouldn't want to see them," I said as quickly as possible.

"Oh, well why didn't you say so? I can probably see them from the left wing window inside the house. Let's go back, it's getting a little breezy anyway," he answered. We walked back to the house and waited in the left wing until the dwarves were finished talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)