Thursday, August 6, 2015

My Talk with Galadriel and My Anti-Aging Process

The room had a large, round, glass table and at that table sat Elrond. There was a beautiful arch and standing under it was even more beautiful. The great Galadriel herself was present in the same room with me! I couldn't speak. Even Gandalf looked surprised on that one. Gandalf sat down across from Elrond and I sat in between them on another side. The chairs were made of the finest metals and were pretty tall for a hobbit like me. My feet couldn't touch the floor but the chair was comfortable. When I was done fidgeting and scooting my chair closer to the table, Gandalf began to share with the two of them what we had been through and what he had found in Dol Goldur with Radagast the Brown. 

"He was with Radagast? I wish I could have gone with Gandalf so I wouldn't have had to see those horrifying spiders in Mirkwood. It would have been great to see the Brown wizard again," I thought.

"You know Radagast?" a voice whispered in my head.

"Yes... and who are you?" I asked the voice.

"I am Galadriel," it answered.

"Lady Galadriel is standing over there," I replied. I glanced to make sure she was still there.

"I have a way of speaking to people through their thoughts," she added.

"Can I learn that? How long did it take to master it? Why did you get inside my head in the first place?" I asked.

"My, my. What a curious hobbit you are, Fawnabelle," she laughed.

"I'm pretty sure it runs in the family," I said with a smirk.

"What do you know of the blade that came from Dol Goldur?" she asked.

"Um... I don't know anything. I've never seen anything like it in the Shire," I stammered.

"Why are you afraid? Do you fear what may come in the future? Do not let him take hold of your heart, mind, and emotions," she said in a comforting voice.

"Him? Who is him?" I asked.

"You know of whom I speak... for you have read it however long ago," she answered. I looked at Gandalf and he looked at someone else that seemed vaguely familiar. 

"Saruman!" I gasped. I looked around me and no one was looking back at me. I sighed with relief. Soon the meeting was over and Gandalf took me to a special room that Elrond had allowed him to use. He took an herb from his pocket and gave it to me to eat. I ate it and felt a glowing heat run through my entire body. I shivered from chills and looked at myself. I looked the same and felt the same.

"It worked!" I said in amazement.

"Yes it did. You will remain the same age until the hobbit Frodo is one year older than you; seventeen to be exact. Then you will start aging again," Gandalf explained. I thanked him and he told me to get some rest. 

The next morning, we left Rivendell to continue our journey. Elrond discussed the plans on which road to take to Gandalf while I was on packing duty again. The elves baked loads and loads of lembas. 

We waved goodbye to Elrond and thanked him for his hospitality. Gandalf led us on a crooked road that went uphill. It was pretty difficult but we knew we were on the right track. We traveled for about a week and soon we found ourselves on the edge of a tall mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)