Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Our Encounter with the Trolls

Our walk to the light in the distance was silent. We didn't talk to anybody and made no sounds. We kept walking and soon we saw the light just up ahead. And that's when the dwarves left Bilbo and I alone walking towards the mysterious light. Bilbo started to walk slower and slower. I was behind him so I went beside him instead. Then he went back to his normal pace. I planned to let Bilbo go on his own and I would be in the trees just in case he needed back up. After I whispered the plan to him, we stopped and saw that we had come to our destination. 

I silently climbed up a tree where I could see everything clearly from the top. The only catch was that I couldn't hear a single thing. But I did see three trolls talking to one another. Then I saw Bilbo sneaking around them to do something but I couldn't make out what he was going to do. Then all of a sudden, one of the trolls picked Bilbo up by his feet. He looked at him from all sides and the other trolls were looking at him too. I got my bow in my hand just in case. I think they were asking him questions. And he looked rather speechless or confused and wasn't talking very much. The troll dropped him on the floor and started to fight with the other two trolls about something Bilbo had said. Bilbo crawled away unnoticed.

Then all of a sudden, I spot Balin in the middle of all the commotion. I try to signal him to go away. But I was too late, the three trolls picked up Balin, stuffed him in a brown sack, and tied him up. Trolls HATE dwarves and I mean HATE like despise their whole being, kin, looks, you know the works. I know they hate dwarves as much as dwarves hate orcs. Anyway, back to the story. Soon, all the dwarves were tied up in sacks and piled on one another. All except Thorin, he had hid and watched the rest get tied up and he devised a plan. He tried to free them by fighting the trolls. He grabbed a branch that was on fire and was swinging it around. But sadly, he did get captured and he was on top of the pile of dwarf sacks. From what I was able to see in the tree, Bilbo was forgotten about and was just lying on the floor not moving, not captured, and not in a sack. The trolls started to talk to themselves again how to cook them so I decided to make a move. 

I climbed down the tree as quietly as I could and started to tip-toe towards the giant pile of dwarf filled sacks. Every time I tried to cut a rope, one of the trolls looked at the pile of sacks then turned away again. So I was unable to free the dwarves. Then out of nowhere, we heard a voice. It was similar to one of the trolls' voices. The strange voice said strange things that made one of them angry. They started to point fingers at each other and ask why they said the things they really didn't. 

Then the voice yelled,

"Dawn take you all, and be stone to you!" And at that moment, the sun came over the hill and filled the place where we all were. Then the trolls turned to stone by the light of the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)