Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Goblins Cave

All of a sudden, a huge crack was in the middle of everyone. Then big ugly goblins jumped out of the crack. There were a lot of them. And by a lot, I mean about six to each of us. I ran to Gandalf and we stood side by side, ready to fight them off. The dwarves and Bilbo were carried off into the crack. Twelve goblins surrounded us and I didn't make a move or a sound. Gandalf shot a bolt of lightning from his staff that killed all the goblins around us.

"Gandalf, we have to save them!" I exclaimed.

"I know, Fawn," he replied calmly. "Hold on tight to my staff and stay quiet..." I grabbed his staff and we slipped through the crack right before it closed. We followed them silently in the shadows and we were not seen by anyone. Gandalf made a tower of blue smoke and all the lights went out. We ran to the center and Gandalf stabbed the Great Goblin with his sword, Glamdring. The goblin king fell dead and Gandalf hurried everyone out of the commotion. It was completely dark but Gandalf lit his staff and led us to a tunnel. Gandalf freed the dwarves and Bilbo, who were in chains. Gandalf did a head count; we were all together. I stayed behind Gandalf instead of with Bilbo because I knew he was about to separate with the group and meet Gollum. I didn't want to interfere with the story. 

We started to run again and we heard goblins crying, "Biter and Beater!" over and over again. These were the nicknames the goblins had for these ancient swords Gandalf and Thorin were holding. My bow was of no use for I couldn't see a thing. Soon, Gandalf led us out of the mountain and did another head count. Then he noticed Bilbo was missing. Dori had been carrying him because he couldn't keep up with all the running. 

"A goblin grabbed my legs from behind and I stumbled. I hurried away to get back with the group. I thought he was behind me..." Dori explained. Gandalf was pretty upset with him. I had to do something before Gandalf's yelling caused a different argument.

"There's no use arguing, Gandalf. I say we give Bilbo a little time. He'll show up eventually," I told him.

"And how do you know for certain? That burglar can't even run fast enough to keep up with everyone. I doubt he could outrun a goblin," Thorin said plainly. 

"Trust me, I know Bilbo. Give him a chance," I replied. After much convincing, they agreed to wait and see if he showed up. But that still didn't stop Gandalf arguing with Dori for dropping him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)