Thursday, August 6, 2015

The Next Morning

When I woke up the next morning, it felt as if I had only slept a wink. I just sat up and opened my eyes. It was a little startling to just wake up suddenly like that. Anyway, I looked around for the dwarves. They were all still asleep. Gandalf was walking out the door when I went to the kitchen to find something to eat. There was nothing there so I decided to check the hall instead. On the table, there were platters with eggs and different varieties of fruit and bread with little saucers of honey. There were pitchers of water for tea and barrels of ale. I boiled half a kettle of water for my tea. It wasn't the best breakfast but I was full after I finished. 

I snooped through everyone's bags for a little pocket knife. I found one in Bifur's bag; thank goodness he had a lot of things for emergencies. I was going to put it back before any of them got up. Besides, it's not like I was going to use it for a bad purpose. I was bored so I used the knife to sharpen my arrows. You may have remembered that I have never used any of the arrows except the very beginning. Like I said earlier, I was bored. Bilbo wasn't even awake yet and he gets up earlier than I do some days. Besides, he is honestly the only one that I can talk to. So I sharpened my arrows quietly on a stool in the hall.

I eventually got bored of that too and decided to look around. I put Bifur's knife back and when I started to exit the room, Fili woke up. Kili woke up almost instantly after Fili did. Out the window went my adventure exploring Beorn's house. I couldn't just go around looking at everything while they were awake. They already didn't trust me very well. So I was stuck with the dwarves... again. I went back to the hall and looked out of the gigantic window on the left side of the room. I could see his honeybees and his garden and his stables. It was rather peaceful to look at. Then it struck me... it was daytime wasn't it? Gandalf said we couldn't go out at night; but it wasn't night. So I could go out and look around outside! Of course, I couldn't touch anything outside. But at least I wouldn't be bored. 

I was interrupted when Fili and Kili came into the room. I pretended to ignore them but they came up to me. 

"Where's the food?" they asked.

"Uh... on the table? On those huge platters that are the first things you see when you enter the room?" I answered sarcastically. Then before they could answer, we heard a huge yawn. The rest of them were waking up. 

"Um, thanks?" Kili said as Fili walked away and left him.

"You're welcome," I replied as he walked away to join Fili at the table. Now that they knew where the food was, maybe this would be my chance to escape. I snuck away from the hall and went out the back door which led to the stables.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)