Friday, April 8, 2016

I Encounter More Problems

Bilbo and I watched Thorin search frantically for the Arkenstone. But he soon came upon the armory and turned his attention to that. He called more dwarves after a while and soon everyone was in there.

"What could they be doing, I wonder?" Bilbo asked aloud. I shrugged and played with my fingers. He finally stood up and went to see what they were doing. I started to swing my legs.

"I'm so bored," I complained to myself, still swinging my legs. "If I was in two places, I wouldn't be bored." I stared at the ceiling and sighed. I started to think of what I could do to keep myself busy. I smirked at my idea.

"This is going to be so weird," I laughed. I thought harder and harder but nothing happened.

"Oh no. What did I do?! Where did I go?!" I thought. Then I heard a voice.

"Fawnabelle? Is that you?" I felt a hand help lift me up.

"Who's speaking?" I asked as I stood on my feet.

"It is I, Galadriel. Why are you here? I had received news from Gandalf that your situation was solved but you're here in Lothlorien. Why is that?" she asked with a calm monotone voice.

"Well... I got a little bored. I thought of myself sitting next to me but I suppose I should not have done that. I haven't really mastered my so-called 'powers' yet," I laughed nervously.

"I see. Well, I am glad you did not go anywhere dangerous. But would you mind explaining how you transfer your vision from one place to another?" she asked in that same voice.

"I don't really know how or exactly when I can expect it to happen. In the past, I have seen a bright light before my vision transfers. I tell whomever I am with at the moment that I'm transferring. Well, maybe I should try to go back in one place. I don't want to be a burden on you or Bilbo," I replied. I felt her smiling although I couldn't see it.

"You would not be a burden if you can not go back to one place. But good luck nonetheless, Fawnabelle," Galadriel said. I thought and thought as hard as I could but still nothing happened. 

"It didn't work. Maybe my mind needs a rest after thinking so much," I sighed. Galadriel didn't respond. 

"May I ask you something, your ladyship?" I asked.

"Of course," she answered.

"Do you think you could teach me that mind speaking trick now?" I asked with a laugh. She laughed too.

"Maybe a little later. For now, I must contact Gandalf. Maybe he can come and help you. Excuse me," she said. I thought of bowing and hoped I did.

"Fawnabelle? Are you alright?" Bilbo asked. I rubbed my eyes and nodded. 

"Bilbo? What are you wearing?" I asked, trying to swallow my laugh. He looked down at himself and smiled.

"Thorin gave me this coat of mithril. He said nothing could pierce it. Isn't that interesting?" he asked excitedly. I nodded happily and covered my eyes. I got dizzy all of a sudden. I knew I had seen that before but where?

2 comments:

  1. You just used "whomever" correctly in a sentence and made my day :D
    I always forget to change it to "whom" when talking about him/her even though I know the rule and it bothers me! So happy to see you didn't forget! I don't know why I am so happy to see that--my grammar nerd is showing!
    Great chapter (as always)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)