Friday, April 22, 2016

I Am A Restless Thinker

I went into the armory and looked around at the old, dusty armor. 

"Will I be fighting with them? Will I need this armor?" I thought. I picked up a silver plated shield and looked at my reflection. Music began to fill my mind and soon lyrics accompanied it.

*"Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me? Why is my reflection someone I don't know? Somehow I cannot hide who I am though I've tried. When will my reflection show, who I am, inside? When will my reflection show, who I am, inside?"* I sang softly.

"Where have I heard that before?" I thought as I put shield down with wonder. Bilbo and the dwarves peeped their heads through the door.

"Was that you, Fawnabelle? Were you singing?" Bilbo asked. The dwarves looked surprised to learn that I could sing. I blushed and looked down at the floor.

"Yes," I answered, with an embarrassed tone. The dwarves widened their eyes and looked at each other. Bilbo was ashamed at them.

"You don't believe her? Of course she can sing! She sings quite well actually," Bilbo boasted, with a slight smile. I blushed even more this time which made him smile even more.

"So now you enjoy me being embarrassed?!" I scoffed. Then Bilbo stopped smiling which made the dwarves and I start to laugh. It was Bilbo's turn to blush now so that made us laugh even more. We left the armory and the dwarves went back to examining more treasure. I sat down and groaned of boredom (and hunger).

"Aren't we going to do anything else besides look at treasure?!" I thought aloud. No one answered.

"I have half a mind to leave by myself," I grumbled. Bilbo gave me a look. You know, the one that says, 'I'm right here you know.'

"Well of course I would tell you to come with me, Bilbo! I will always tell you what I'm thinking of doing. No matter what," I said. He gave me a smile and stood beside me. 

"Thorin! We have our armor but what good is it if we are not against Smaug? Your treasure has not been won back yet. We must not for gold anymore but a way out!" Bilbo exclaimed.

"Right you are, Mister Baggins! I will lead the way. Never in numerous years will I forget the ways of my home," Thorin said. He called to the others and they covered their armor with their tattered cloaks. They picked up their torches and we all walked behind Thorin as he led us through the halls of the Mountain. I was the last one in the line which Bilbo did not like.

"Must you be so protective, Bilbo?" I asked quietly. We came to a halt and Thorin listened for any sounds.

"Yes Fawnabelle," he answered as we began to walk again. We climbed lots and lots of stairs. 

"How much more can there be to walk?" I thought. The staircases seemed to go on forever and I felt like I couldn't go any further. All of a sudden, I felt something about the air. It was fresh, sweet almost.

"This is the great chamber of Thror, my grandfather. It was a hall for feasting, gathering and council. Many memories I have take place here. Do not lose hope! The Front Gate is close," Thorin explained.

"Thank goodness" I sighed.


_______________________________________________________________
"Reflection" lyrics are from Disney's Mulan *

2 comments:

  1. I like how Bilbo is proud of Fawn's singing--that's sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good ol' Bilbo! He always knew the right things to say. I miss him so much... :')

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)