Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Complete Silence and Darkness

We waited in silence and darkness for a while. We feared what had become of Smaug and what would happen next. We hardly spoke or moved. We soon became desperate for air. So Bilbo decided to go back down the tunnel again.

"I think it would be best if you all went with me," Bilbo explained. Thorin agreed and we began to walk down the tunnel.

"Be as quiet as you can be! If he is down there, we do not want our presence to be known by the sound of our footsteps," Bilbo whispered. Although the dwarves tried, they could not get any quieter. Bilbo was scared that all of the dwarves' noise would deafen his chance of sneaking a look for Smaug. In the darkness, he slipped on his ring and became invisible. He kept walking with us but came upon the end of the tunnel so suddenly that he slipped down the stairs. I cringed; he probably landed on the floor on his face.

"Poor Bilbo," I thought.

"What happened to him?!" Gandalf exclaimed.

"I can't really tell. He's invisible," I thought.

"Oh, I see. I have an idea on how you can stay in one place!" he said while snapping his fingers. I laughed at his excitement. I hardly imagined Gandalf as being excited.

"That's great! What's your idea?" I asked.

"Try to think of yourself in one place," he answered. 

"What if it works but I can't tell you it worked or not?" I asked.

"Hmm... well, I suppose this is goodbye, just in case," Gandalf said. I became sad. What if it didn't work? What if I went to a different place that wasn't with Gandalf? What if I go somewhere awful?

"Fawnabelle? Is everything alright?" Gandalf asked after my moment of silence.

"Yes. I'm just worried it will work and I won't be with you anymore but I'll end up somewhere else. What should I do?" I asked desperately.

"Well, I suppose all we can do is hope. Try, Fawnabelle. Hopefully it will work. But, if not, you will go to the place you need to be the most," Gandalf replied.

"Thanks, Gandalf. I feel better," I sighed. I did feel better but that didn't stop me from worrying. I thought as hard as I could. I thought it was silly but it was worth a try. I saw myself in The Lonely Mountain. I thought I had done it but a bright light came and I remember crumbling down to the ground.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice chapter! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm finally getting my groove back and they're going to keep getting better! So excited! XD

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)