Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Bilbo Finds Me and I Meet An Elf

When they had locked me in my cell, I started to whisper for Bilbo.

"Bilbo! Bilbo? Where are you?" I whispered out of the bars. I sat down on the ground when he appeared next to the door.

"Bilbo!" I said quietly.

"Hello, Fawn..." he replied.

"I'm so glad to see you! Did you find any of the dwarves yet?" I asked.

"Only one... but guess who it is?" Bilbo asked. "Okay, I'll tell you... I found Thorin! He's not very far. I will have to leave you soon so I can try to find a way to get out of here. I may come again so don't be alarmed."

"I understand, Bilbo. Goodbye," I answered. He slipped on his ring and walked away. He had left just in time too because an elf was walking this way. He had a plate of food and a cup of water. When he got closer, I noticed his face looked familiar. The elf was Legolas! I was facing towards the wall when he came. He cleared his throat and I turned around. He kindly handed the plate and cup to me.

"Thank you," I said. He gave me a puzzled look.

"You're not a dwarf," he said.

"No, I'm not a dwarf. I'm a hobbit," I answered.

"A hobbit?" he asked.

"Um... a more common term is Halfling," I explained. He looked at me but I didn't look back. 

"I know what a hobbit is but I've never seen one. Why were you with the dwarves in the first place?" Legolas asked.

"It's a long story," I replied.

"I have time," he insisted as he sat down outside of the bars.

"I would have to tell you about what we were doing and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't forgive me if I told you..." I sighed.

"What's your name?" he asked curiously.

"Fawnabelle," I answered, looking at the floor. 

He smiled, stood up, and said,

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Fawnabelle. I suppose you are more clever than I had first inferred. My father, King Thranduil, told us to question every one of the prisoners. But you aren't going to tell me anything so I guess I'll be leaving now." Then he walked away. I started to eat my meal very slowly and sadly. It wasn't the worst but I still couldn't get over the fact that I was in a prison. I thought about Bilbo's hobbit hole and I wondered what would happen after this adventure.

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I was so excited to put him in my story! I wanted to cut PJ some slack and give Legolas the chance to be in The Hobbit. And when I do the same with LOTR, it's going to be so cool when we meet each other again! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)