Monday, October 5, 2015

WE FOUND THE DOOR!

It was lonely at camp. I was all alone and by myself. But it wasn't too bad. Bilbo was always looking at Thorin's map and saying to himself: "Don't worry. We'll find the door soon enough." and the moon rune message that Elrond had found. I had to do something. They wouldn't let me go with them on the expeditions. Everyday, I proposed that I should go with them.

"Can I go have a look around today?" I asked. Actually, I begged. Eventually, Thorin gave in.

"Fine. Fili! Kili! Go with Miss Baggins and let her have her fill of adventure for the day," he ordered. I smiled; I knew it would work one of these days.

"Can I come with you, Fawn?" Bilbo peeped from behind me. I didn't see him so I jumped.

"Yes! Of course, you can come!" I said excitedly. He walked away smiling and grabbed his bag.

"Come on, Miss Baggins. We don't have all day," Fili groaned.

"We're waiting on Bilbo, Mister... never mind. We're not leaving without him," I explained. They agreed to wait and soon Bilbo was ready to leave.

"You can lead Miss Baggins. Since it was YOUR idea to come," Kili suggested.

"You can call me Fawn, you know," I said as I led the way.

"This is strictly a business relationship," Fili said. Bilbo laughed but then cleared his throat.

"You've called me Fawn before," I answered.

"That was in Mirkwood. It's different now. And I don't think Thorin would appreciate us calling you 'Fawn' if he calls you 'Miss Baggins'," Kili explained.

"Fawn is much more convenient than Miss Baggins," Bilbo said from behind.

"Everyone else calls me Fawn. And I don't like you calling me Miss Baggins anyway," I complained.

"Can we please drop the topic? We're not getting anywhere," Fili sighed.

"Only if you promise to call me Fawn again," I offered.

"Fine. May we please walk faster, Miss Ba-- I mean, Fawn?" Kili asked.

"Yes. Yes we may, Kili," I said as I picked up the pace. Soon, I bumped into a flight of stairs.

"What the hay? What is this?" I asked aloud.

"It probably leads to a dead end. Let's keep walking," Fili blurted.

"Did you follow this one before?" I asked.

"Well--" Kili started.

"Then stop your pessimism! Come on! Bilbo? You're coming with me right?" I asked.

"Well--" he started.

"Great! Can you give me a boost? It's too high for me to jump," I explained.

"Sure, Fawn," he said. He took off his pack and got down on one knee. He put his hands on his knee and I put my foot on his hands. I got ready to stand up.

"1, 2, 3!" I counted. I stood up on three and from there he lifted his hands as much as he could. Then I scrambled on the first step and pulled him up.

"Fine! We'll go with you," they said. They put their arms out for Bilbo and I to grab them.

"I knew you would," I heaved.

"How could you possibly know that we would give in?" Fili asked as he used all of his strength to get up.

"Because Thorin told you to "go with me" and by that he meant "follow her and don't let her out of your sight"," I explained simply.

"Well, Fawn. You guessed right. Now all I have to say is... lead on!" Kili said. I nodded and climbed the stairs as far as they would go. I almost fell once or twice but I definitely tripped on a couple of stairs. But they couldn't laugh because it happened to them too. Bilbo was the one who had the least trips. We walked for a LONG time (it seemed like forever) until finally... BAM! I spotted a little bay (as one might describe it). It was grassy on the floor and had one smooth wall with NO marks whatsoever. Fili and Kili beat on the door and even tried saying bits of opening spells. But none of it worked because it wasn't Durin's Day yet! DUH! We rested until sundown and then we started to walk back to our camp. When we got there at nightfall, we hurried everyone to the same tent where we exclaimed: "WE FOUND THE DOOR!". Soon, everyone was getting ready to move to the place we had found. I was feeling down because no one came to thank us. But then Bilbo said something to everyone.

"Thank you for listening everyone! I just wanted to thank Fawnabelle for going out and finding the door. Well, not the door yet. But she found the wall where the door is... which is better than nothing. I also wanted to thank Fili and Kili for going with her too and staying with us. Thank you all! Now we're getting somewhere!" he shouted. I held back tears of joy and everyone came to the three of us to thank us. Well, everyone except Thorin. I thanked Fili and Kili for taking me even though they thought it was a mistake. And they apologized for not believing in me and putting up with their hard-headedness. I forgave them and I spent the rest of the night sleeping. It was a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)