Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Bilbo and I Find Smaug

As we walked further down, it began to feel hot and stuffy.

"Is it getting hot or is it just me?" I asked in whispers.

"It's hot, Fawnabelle. And I don't think it could be a fire," Bilbo whispered in reply.

"Then what are you suggesting it is?" I asked. He was going to answer but instead he put his arm across my chest to stop me. I had almost walked over the edge of a staircase.

"That was a close one," I sighed quietly. He nodded.

"I'm suggesting that it's coming from him," Bilbo finished. I gasped at the enormous heaps of riches. And most of all, I gasped at the sleeping Smaug. He was humongous! Much bigger than I had imagined.

"Okay, what do we do next?" I asked.

"I'm going to put on my ring and you're going to stay right here, Fawnabelle," he explained quietly.

"Fine," I sighed. We held our breath as Smaug let out a loud snore. But he remained in his slumber and kept snoozing away. We breathed again and Bilbo slipped on his ring. He became invisible and walked silently down the stairs. I waited there, for what seemed like hours, and soon he came back with a two-handled cup in his hands.

"Okay, let's go!" Bilbo whispered. He kept his ring on and we speed-walked to Balin. Bilbo took off his ring before we reached the door.

"Well done, Master Burglar!" Balin said. Bilbo and I sat down against what was left of the wall and closed our eyes. I was surprisingly tired. I was drifting into a beautiful sleep when the ground shook. I stood up quickly and we heard roaring.

"The door! Into the tunnel! Quick!" Bilbo cried.

"Bombur and Bofur are down there! And our ponies and stores! It will all be gone!" the dwarves moaned.

"Nonsense!" Thorin exclaimed. "We have to do what we can. We won't leave everything there for Smaug to steal. Get inside Miss Baggins! And Mister Baggins and Balin! You too, Fili and Kili! Smaug won't have all of us." I tried to help bring in some things but those few minutes were extremely hectic. I hardly remember any of it now that I think of it. I wondered what made the dragon wake up and what he was thinking. Eventuallay, it all cooled down and almost everything went back to normal. Like I said, ALMOST everything cooled down. Unfortunately, we had NO idea what we had done to the poor people of Esgaroth. It had not happened yet but the anger had just begun to heat up in Smaug.

4 comments:

  1. The suspense is killing me! What a cliffhanger ending! Great post; I look forward to more chapters soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try very hard to make it unique in some special way. I try to put up at least one post a day. But I'm homeschooled so it's kind of hard to find time during the day when I'm not doing schoolwork. It usually takes up hours of my day. I'm so glad you are enjoying it!

      Delete
  2. "I'm suggesting that it's coming from him," Ooh! That part gave me chills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee! That part was pretty good, if I do say so myself. Another one of my favorite parts is when she almost walks off of a staircase. Almost walking off of things is totally ME :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)