Tuesday, June 30, 2015

The Gathering of the Company of Thorin Oakenshield

The evening came that Thorin's Company would meet at Bilbo's hole. Bilbo was making dinner while I was sitting outside. I waited for Gandalf to come. All of the dwarves asked if this was the right house and my answer was always "yes". Gandalf finally came with four dwarves with him.

Before he went inside, he pulled me aside and told me,

"Good evening, Fawnabelle. Take this bow, these arrows, and this quiver. They might test you and if you prove worthy, they will most likely let you join. I figured you wouldn't have any weapons so I have enchanted this archery set so you will not have to go looking for arrows. Your arrow holder will fill itself without your consent."

"Thank you so much, Gandalf! I will treasure this set dearly. I appreciate you thinking of me," I replied happily. I tried my very hardest not to show my enthusiasm too much. I had to practice before I met the dwarves.

"Oh yes, don't forget to inform Bilbo that I invited you," he said as he winked at me. I winked back and we laughed quietly. Once we had gone inside, Gandalf went to greet the other dwarves. Meanwhile, I went to go offer my assistance to Bilbo. I found him holding a bunch of stuff belonging to the dwarves.

"Just when I thought I was going to have a nice dinner with you... and then all of these dwarves show up and now I have to feed all of them! Look at that one, I wonder if I will have enough food to feed him alone!" he muttered frustratingly.

"Come on, Bilbo. Cheer up! I know it seems bad now but you will be happier later when it's all over," I said positively. "Let me take those and you can go supervise them."

"Thank you. That should help with somewhat of the cleaning I shall have to do tonight," he sighed.

"Don't you fret, Bilbo. I promise I'll help you clean everything. Every single nook and cranny," I assured him. He smiled nervously then threw the dwarves' belongings on the floor and hurried to grab something from Bombur. Once I had put everyone's things neatly away, I joined Bilbo in his hallway. I had managed to sneak four biscuits for us to eat. He didn't eat much, I'm pretty sure the surprise of all the dwarves here had taken away his appetite. I had two biscuits to eat. Bilbo went to ask if they were staying for supper. 

As soon as they gave their answer (which was "OF COURSE!"), all I heard was "Now to clear up!". I thought that meant Bilbo and I would do the clearing of the table, but I was mistaken. They started to pile things and take them away. Then they started to sing! (You may remember the song they sang whilst cleaning the table as "Blunt the Knives! Bend the Forks!" but I like to refer to it as "THAT'S WHAT BILBO BAGGINS HATES")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)