Monday, June 29, 2015

Before It Began Part 3/3

"What's going on? Where's everyone going so dressed up?" I asked Clanissa, my cousin, who shared a room with me. It's a complicated story...

"It's Bilbo Baggins' 49th birthday party today. Don't tell me you forgot, Fawnabelle," she said. 


"Of course! I didn't forget... I just forgot today was today. Will you wait for me to get ready, Nissa?" I asked. 


"No way! That's what you get for getting home so late. I'll see you at the party, Fawn. Don't get there too tardy or someone will get your present," she yelled as she walked out the door. I ran to my room and got dressed very quickly. I had to look my best because I was going to meet Bilbo for the first time. Everyone knew who Bilbo Baggins was because he was a Baggins! And Bagginses are very respectable. If he sees me as respectable, I would have the opportunity to be respected by everyone. So I ran to Bag End and walked through the gate. I went to the back where everyone was and I asked my cousins where Bilbo was. 


"He's probably hiding from Lobelia. I hear she gives him an awful fright," they laughed. I looked everywhere but couldn't find him. I went inside his house to get away from the noise. I heard footsteps coming towards the door. I spotted a closet and ran inside. I locked the door and sighed with relief. I heard another sigh and I gasped with fright. A hand was put on my mouth; I was about to scream until I heard Lobelia calling for Bilbo. 


"Don't be scared. I'm trying to get away from her" the voice said. The hand was released from my mouth and a lamp was lit. I shaded my eyes from the brightness. 


"Are you Bilbo Baggins?" I asked. 


"Yes, I'm Bilbo. Who are you?" he asked. 


"I'm Fawnabelle but everyone calls me Fawn. We've never met before," I explained. 


"Oh, well it's very nice to meet you, Fawnabelle. I'm sorry we couldn't have a better meeting," he replied. 


"That's okay. Um... oh yes, happy birthday!" I whispered. I handed him a little box. 


"Thank you so much," he said joyfully. 


"I know I don't know you very well but I've heard a lot about you. I heard that you like tea, who doesn't, so I made this for you," I said. He unwrapped a handmade white teacup. It had little yellow flowers painted on the front and it came with a matching plate. 


"It's wonderful! You made this?" he asked. 


"Yes," I said shyly. 


"You have a true gift, Fawnabelle! Can you do anything else?" he asked curiously. 


"Why do you ask?" I whispered. 


"For curiosity's sake, please tell me!" he begged. The rest of the night we talked about lots of different respectable things and we got to know each other very well. He even asked me if I would like to stay the night with him. It's not unusual to spend the night with very close friends. I told him that I would see him very soon and spend the night then. 


"If you're ever near Bag End, please come and visit me even if you don't spend the night!" he insisted. 


"I will!" I shouted as I walked down the East road. I got home late that night and went in my bed as soon as I got there. 


"So, how did you like Bilbo? Was he everything we've heard about?" Clanissa asked.


"He's so nice. I hope he found me respectable enough. I'm tired... I'll tell you all about it tomorrow," I yawned. She giggled and I fell fast asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)