Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Meeting Gandalf and My New Home

I turned to Gandalf and introduced myself.

"Hello there! My name is Fawnabelle Brandybuck but you can call me Fawn. You want someone to share an adventure with?" I asked.

"Yes, I do. Well, not me... but some friends of mine do. I'm looking for a burglar of some sort and I've found him. Bilbo is my burglar and he will go on this adventure," Gandalf explained.

"Oh, okay. Well, I'm glad you found what you were looking for," I said gloomily. I started to walk to Bilbo's front door.

"You would want to come with us?" he asked with a raised bushy eyebrow.

"Yes," I mumbled.

"Alright, I won't guarantee anything but if you come tomorrow at tea-time... hmm, we will see what will happen. Well, I've got to go! I have a lot of things to do. I suppose I'll see you tomorrow!" he said as he walked down the East road.

"Until tomorrow, Gandalf," I sighed. He waved his hand before he turned the corner and I raised mine in reply. I went inside but I couldn't find Bilbo anywhere.

"Bilbo? Where are you?" I echoed through the main hallway. I peeked through a couple of doors.

"I'm in here, Fawnabelle!" he shouted in a muffled voice. I went to the door of the next room and knocked.

"Are you in here, Bilbo?" I asked.

"Yes, come in! Wait! Close your eyes!" he answered. I covered my eyes and walked through the open door.

"Just a little farther... okay stop. Now open your eyes," he ordered joyfully. I opened my eyes and my jaw dropped to the floor! I closed it again and walked around the room speechless. He looked very happy and he laughed at my reaction.

"Bilbo! What is this?! Is this for me?!" I asked in surprise.

"Yes, Fawnabelle. I want you to come and live with me. You don't need to be a Brandybuck any longer. I've been feeling rather lonely these last couple of years and I've felt so happy when you've come to visit me. I know we'll get along just fine. So, I took the liberty of clearing out this room for you. As you know, this has been my house since I was a little hobbit. My two sisters stayed in this room, my parents stayed in that room across the hall from my room. The room was just keeping things that I didn't need. Gandalf gave me quite a scare and I needed something to take my mind off of it. I felt significantly better after I did this. Will you stay?" he asked.

"Of course, I will! Why, would I not stay with you? Oh, thank you, Bilbo! I'm going to go to Clanissa's house to get my things right away," I exclaimed.

"Yes, that's a good idea! I can bring a wagon meanwhile you start packing, if you like," he offered.

"Sure! I better get going then. The house is the one closest to the Old Forest, okay Bilbo?" I said as we walked down the hallway.

"Alright, Fawnabelle! It sounds like a plan," he affirmed. I waved my hand as I walked out the door. Clanissa was sad that I wouldn't be living with her anymore but I told her that I would come and visit her and she was welcome to come and visit me. We moved everything rather quickly and we had a celebration supper afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)