Monday, June 29, 2015

Before It Began Part 2/3

In the morning, I opened my window and got ready quickly. I gazed at the tree outside when I was finished. I took a deep breath and sighed; it was a very beautiful day. A robin landed on a branch near the window sill and sang a little song. He looked vaguely familiar. 

"Good morning, Fawnabelle. I'm glad to see you up early today. Eat breakfast quickly; I'll be waiting for you outside the front door," he said. 


"I will!" I shouted as I ran out of my bedroom door. I ran down the hall and ate breakfast. I rushed outside with a roll of parchment, ink bottle, and a quill. I took them just in case I wanted to take notes. The bird flew up to me and perched on my shoulder. 


"Let's go! To the East Farthing Woods!" he exclaimed. I started to walk quickly but I was so anxious to start that I ran the rest of the way. Halfway there, the bird fell off my shoulder and flew the rest of the way. When we got to the woods, there was a little fawn there. A doe appeared next to it and they ate grass together. 


"Call them over," the bird said. I sang the first verse of a lullaby. Then they came towards us and I got down to the ground very slowly. 


"Interesting," he said. 


"What's interesting?" I asked. 


"You got down to the ground without me having to tell you so. You followed your instinct; that's very good. Always follow your instinct... that's going to be our first lesson. Nature always speaks to us through instinct of spirit. Just follow your instinct for today," he explained. I smiled and held out my hand to the fawn. The little one sniffed my hand softly. The mother gave the fawn a little nudge towards me. 


"Hello, little one," I said softly. I looked at the doe and she went down to the floor right next to the fawn. The fawn copied his mother and he licked my hand. 


"Thank you," I laughed. I sat down in front of the two and the fawn stood up and knelt down closer to me. He put his head forward and I pet his head very gently. 


"Well done, Fawnabelle. You have gained the trust of the mother first and then the fawn. Now let's learn about medicinal weeds and herbs. Follow your instinct on how to leave without frightening them," he said. I thought about what I should do and how I would feel if I were them. I closed my eyes and tried to telepathically tell them I needed to move on. Then I opened my eyes and nodded to the doe. We stood up together; I curtsied to the mother and I pet the fawn's head. He snuggled against my leg and they went back to eating. He showed me many types of weeds and herbs that grow in almost very forest. This continued for another 89 days and I learned many other things. I learned how to tame unfamiliar animals, how to walk silently, how to walk past sleeping creatures without disturbing them, and many other useful things like that. After our last session, he presented me with a roll of parchment sent from Radagast the Brown. 


"Congratulations, Fawnabelle! You are now an official Junior Protector of Nature. You will become a full protector of nature when you come of age," he declared happily. 


"Thank you so much! I don't know what to say... I hope to see you again sometime," I replied. 


"We will... I'm the messenger between protectors, remember? Until next time, Fawnabelle!" the bird said. He sang a sweet song while he flew deeper into the forest. I walked home very sadly and felt very gloomy the rest of the day. Everyone at home was getting ready to go somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)