Friday, July 29, 2016

We Hobbits Walk Slow So Deal With It

The raven, whom I learned was named Roac, slowly flew away.

"Where's he off to?" I asked Bilbo, who was stretching his arms. 

"To the Iron Hills to send word for the dwarf lord, Dain. He's related to the dwarves somehow. He's going to bring his army to help us," he replied.

"Back to the Mountain! We have little time to lose!" Thorin cried. The dwarves quickly picked up what belongings they had and waited for Thorin to lead the way.

"And little food to use! Anyone?" Bilbo mentioned. 

"To the Mountain!" the dwarves cried, ignoring Bilbo. Thorin walked briskly to the Lonely Mountain and the dwarves followed one by one. Bilbo and I were left in the back, completely forgotten about. We walked side by side and a couple of feet behind their little parade.

"Keep up, hobbits! We must get to the Mountain as quickly as possible!" Thorin shouted.

"Well, we hobbits like to walk slow, so deal with it," Bilbo murmured. I laughed and our stomachs grumbled. I pictured a nice golden strawberry pie with lots of fresh whipped cream on top. I sighed from how good it sounded.

"I'm so hungry," I thought.

"What would you like, Fawnabelle? We have lembas as well as any other elven delicacies," I heard. 

"Fawn! Come on or they'll leave us out here alone!" Bilbo shouted.

"I'm coming!" I hollered before running to Bilbo. I tripped on a rock before getting to him. I fell hard on the ground. Bilbo helped me up and I blinked a couple of times. When I opened my eyes, I saw an elf maiden dressed in green with the most beautiful golden hair.

"I'll take whatever you have... please," I replied to the much surprised elf. I scratched my head and thought.

"Bilbo, help me please. I can't see." I wasn't lying. Where he was I couldn't see but here I could. The elf came back with lots of little things for me to try. All of them were tasty for elf food. But then again, any food is good food!

"What I would give for a plate of eggs, bacon, and taters right now!" I thought.

"Me too, Fawn. But we must hurry. Thorin seems more determined than ever to get to the Mountain," Bilbo explained.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)