Monday, November 26, 2018

War is Near and I Must Make a Decision

"What can she mean? 'Much more to accomplish'? Me? What could I possibly accomplish?" I thought as I threw myself on my bed.

"Maybe I shouldn't go back. What could I possibly do anyway?" I said aloud. The light of the sun setting gently touched my face. I walked to the window and looked out. I thought about Bilbo and the dwarves. I thought of walking through Mirkwood and how that same forest was between me and Bilbo. I thought of Gandalf and...

I heard a loud horn and I jumped out of my bed. I landed hard on the floor.

"Ow," I whimpered. I got up and ran to my window to see what that sound was. I saw... nothing.

"Well, that's funny. I thought I heard a-" and the horn blew again. I let out a scream and jumped. Thankfully, I landed on my feet this time.

"Where is that coming from?" I asked aloud. I heard a knock at my door. I turned and saw Lady Galadriel standing there.

"Good evening, Fawnabelle," she said gently, walking towards me.

"Hello," I replied. I started to blush, wondering if she heard me scream out of surprise earlier.

"Do you know what that sound was?" I asked.

"That was the war call," she answered.

"War call?" I repeated.

"Yes. The war call of our kindred elves in Mirkwood. They are going to the Lonely Mountain to fight," Galadriel explained. I sighed as I gazed at the sunset.

"Why must there be war? Why did I have to leave Bilbo? Why did Gandalf give me that herb back in Rivendell? Why did I have that dream? Why did I leave the Shire?" I asked in despair. I sighed again.

“No one has the answers to all the questions you have. I don’t think anyone ever will,” she said with a smile.

“I expected you to say that. I guess we’ll never know why things happen the way they do, will we?” I thought aloud.

“Most likely not, my dear hobbit. I think it’s very wise to not expect any answers and to just accept your circumstances. But if we do get answers later in life, we shall appreciate them all the more,” Galadriel responded, comfortingly. I nodded my head in agreement.

“I want to go to Bilbo. But I also don’t want to make a mistake. Please, Lady Galadriel, won’t you tell me what I should do?” I begged, looking into her radiant face. I closed my eyes as she leaned down and kissed my forehead. I opened my eyes to see that the sun had set and the stars began to twinkle.

“I must go to Bilbo,” I said aloud. “Yes... I must.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)