Monday, June 12, 2017

Training in Lothlorien

"When do I begin?" I asked when I had finished dinner. Lady Galadriel looked at me from across the table and smiled.

"You can begin now if you like," she answered. I nodded and she stood from her chair. Then she started walking out the door.

"Wait, where are you going?!" I shouted. Then a voice came into my head, "Try appearing in front of me."

"But I don't even know where you are!" I thought. She didn't answer back. 

"Do or do not; there is no try," I repeated to myself. I imagined myself standing right in front of Galadriel. When I opened my eyes, I was surrounded by trees.

"Wha- where am I?" I pondered. 

"See yourself in front of me," she urged in my head. "You can do it, Fawnabelle." I tried again and saw a large pond, stretching so far that it met the horizon. Unfortunately I was floating above said pond and when I looked down, plop! I fell in the water. I stuck my head above the water and caught my breath. 

"This isn't working!" I whined, floating above the water. 

"Do or do not there is no try," I repeated aloud. I started to swim to the shore before I was about to fall off a mountain cliff. I stepped back and braced myself against the wall, trying to catch my breath.

"You've got to be joking!" I exclaimed. I sat down at the edge of the cliff and pouted. 

"In front of Galadriel... not on a cliff!" I groaned. I looked down and saw that my skirt was completely dry.

"Well," I sighed, "at least I'm not wet anymore." I blinked and suddenly I was standing behind the Lady Galadriel.

"I knew you could do it," she said as she turned and faced me.

"Except that I appeared behind you and not in front of you," I sighed and looked down to the floor.

"Do not lose hope, Fawnabelle. You simply need practice," she said encouragingly. She led me to a corridor and down a flight of stairs. I saw Lothlorien in its nightly beauty and my breath was taken away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! Don't forget to comment and please keep them respectful :)